Do you want to build your eCommerce website like Amazon, eBay & Flipkart. Building an e-commerce website doesn’t require any big degree. E-Commerce website?. However, it’s important that you understand what all things to keep in mind before the website is up and running. It’s essential to understand what are the points to consider while building an
To understand E-Commerce deeply my colleague had a word with Stergios Anastasiadis, Director of Engineering at Shopify. He asked him what the most important technology living within an e-commerce site is and what you and we should know to get started? Anastasiades replied, “We have customers selling products out of their homes, All you need is an internet connection, and a strong e-commerce platform should be able to run the technology on your site for you.” That’s what is required for an eCommerce platform, a strong platform. If you have a strong platform it’s going to be be easy to use for your potential customers and easy to upload products for the seller. Different categories should have different products to show to your potential clients. And the website appearance should be attractive enough to attract the potential clients. Well, there are certain important points to keep in mind for the same.
What are the points to consider while building an E-Commerce website?
Points to Consider While Building an E-Commerce Website:
1. Creating a buyer persona before creating an E-Commerce website can lead to success. It’s important to understand your product and your customers before you design an E-Commerce website.
2. The platform on which you plan to create an E-Commerce website matters a lot. If you fail to choose the right platform while creating an E-Commerce website, you will fail on the first step to success.
3. The speed of your E-commerce website should be fast. Make sure you compress the images and let your website be fast enough for the user.
4. The products and categories of your E-Commerce should be defined properly. Keep in mind that the user should not face any problem while searching for the product.
5. Make sure you have a search button in your E-Commerce website.
Be grateful; you are planning to start an e-commerce website when there are ready-made platforms available in the market to create your multi-vendor store in few days.
To build a successful multi-vendor e-commerce website like Amazon, make sure you adhere to below mentioned two tips: –
1. Try not to build your site from scratch; this would require a lot of time, effort, workforce and money. Rather choose a theme which suits your products.
2. Make sure you choose a platform carefully. A platform which does not meet your requirement can cause you huge losses later, so instead choose multi-vendor marketplace software to launch your e-commerce website.
These tips will help you make the first step of initiate an e-commerce marketplace. Pick a platform which will save your time and money which further you can spend on marketing and promoting your website.
To launch a successful website these are the points to consider while building an E-Commerce website:-
1. Prepare a perfect road-map
The very first step is to analyze your audience and the market where you can sell your products. Prepare the website structure depending on the audience behavior. You can check my upcoming article on audience behavior to make the road map for eCommerce website.
2. Domain and Hosting
To build an eCommerce website like Amazon or Flipkart you need a good hosting provider which will be able to handle the traffic you are going to receive. To run an eCommerce website, you will require a dedicated or VPS hosting. VPS hosting is Virtual Private Server hosting and is a visualized server.
3. Design of Your Website
The design of your site is an essential thing to decide before choosing an e-commerce platform. The visitor can become our customer or can abandon the website depending on the design of the site.
4. Choosing the right platform to launch your website
1. If you have limited products (not more than 40 Products ), you can choose the WordPress platform. However, WordPress is not a recommended platform for developing an e-commerce website.
2. Woo commerce is again a e-commerce platform which is easy to customize. It’s available in free and paid versions. The free version of Woo commerce is limited to use. Again, it’s not a viable solution.
3. OpenCart is also an E-commerce platform. It’s mostly used for sites with mid-range of products. There are several steps by step guide for OpenCart available over the internet.
4. Magento is considered one the best online selling solution. Themes of Magento are costly, but it creates the best marketplace. This is one of the best platforms. However, there are very few developers of Magento available in the market.
These are the important points to consider while building an E-Commerce website. As we have mentioned earlier, choosing to create a website from scratch would require a lot of time, money and workforce which is why it is not a suitable option for many entrepreneurs. You can now easily choose a multi-vendor platform according to your requirements. Choosing a multi-vendor platform is the best option for those who want a successful website with less investment of money and time.
5. Choose the right payment choices for your customers.
A payment gateway is a platform that you need to accept online payments from your clients. You should have a minimum of 3-4 payment choices for your customers for smooth payments and purchase of products. It’s important to choose the payment gateway wisely and apply that on the website. If your customers face difficulty while making the payment, they may not trust you. Also, they can abandon the cart.
Why should I build an eCommerce Website Using Ready made Marketplace Script?
Among various other questions, one of the prominent ones is why choose a ready-made solution? The answer for which is:-
1. It is inexpensive
2. It is pre-built, so you do not require technical knowledge
3. It’s easy to customize
4. You store can launch within few days
Benefits of E commerce Shop
You can create various categories and put the products under the categories in the multi-vendor e-commerce store. Famous eCommerce websites like Amazon, Flipkart, etc. allow other vendors to sell their products by giving a small share of the revenue and people. These sites have many options and deals on products. If you follow the above points while building an E-Commerce website, not only it will be successful but also it would be convenient for your customers to navigate and choose the right product for themselves.