Marketing Services For Retail And E-Commerce
Are you the type of person who loves shopping? Does the world get better when you shop? And do you relate the most to the movie, “Confessions of a Shopaholic”?
If you’re answering in the affirmative, you would know that shopping does not require a place, to experience luxury. In today’s times, retail has altered its ways from the traditional brick-and-mortar and gone online.
However, let’s get one thing straight.
Retail and e-commerce may sound like the same thing, but in reality, it is so much more different from each other.
Retail is all about the silky shopping experience that can take place both online and offline; it can take place in a vintage shop, just near that marvelous English patisserie – or it can take place via a website where you have the privilege to go on virtual journeys with every item that you like. It’s all a ditzy blur filled with fun, champagne, and a lot of expensive fabrics like silk, satin, and cashmere.
On the other hand, e-commerce is a much wider term that caters to one specific thing. It houses various companies, stores, etc. under the “Online” department. So in other words, business transacted over the internet is e-commerce and retail can most certainly be a part of e-commerce – but mind you, retail isn’t a part of e-commerce.
Since the world has gone online, and you probably have, too – we would like to emphasize the importance of internet marketing for the retail and e-commerce industry and why the world is ditching the boring norms of traditional marketing and switching sides.
The answer to that question is that internet marketing is the new norm and it is not a fad, or a trend – it’s here to stay and dominate more and more industries with its simplicity, ease of access, economy, and analytics.
Advantages of internet marketing for the soul that wants to make shopping a memorable experience:
It’s not a joke to open up your very own boutique or business online, but with the help of the internet, it’s quite literally in the palm of your hands backed up by some time, technical know-how, and basic business acumen.
Digital or internet marketing is a boon for all, and this is an undeniable fact and there are a million reasons why.
• It is cost-effective: Compared to the traditional marketing techniques and budgets, digital marketing offers the same benefits (if not more!) at a fraction of the original price. It hardly matters which industry you’re offering to the public, but with retail and e-commerce, you are at an advantage because well, everyone loves to shop, in every season, every month, etc. Looking for a niche wouldn’t be an issue, but trying to save your pockets might be if you’re not considering digital marketing.
• It is measurable, quite literally: This is something that we all want to do – when we invest in something (like mutual funds, for example), the only issue whirring in our minds would be to track the performance of that investment because we have gambled with our money on that asset. It’s quite the same with digital marketing – you want to measure or quantify the performance – and with digital marketing, this is a possibility as it does allow you to measure results via analytics and metrics.
• Targetting ideal customers is easier: To have a successful marketing campaign, it is of utmost importance to reach the target customers and get their interest piqued. Without that, you would be throwing chances wildly without hitting the bulls-eye, which will ultimately lower your chances of effectiveness. With digital marketing, you can target customers, screen the interested ones, and serve them only. This is a level that traditional marketing can’t ever match up to.
These were some basic advantages of digital marketing, if you’ve experienced It – you would be able to count a minimum of five within seconds – speed, ease of access, global reach, convenience, safety, etc. these are just a few to name.
Going back to retail and e-commerce services, we would like to share a few tips to get the most of these marketing services.
Some foolproof strategies to follow if you’re marketing for the retail and e-commerce industry!
Competition pre-internet was different. It wasn’t that simple to wake up one day, and decide to open up a store for first imitation products – and it certainly wasn’t easy to start an e-commerce business.
Things, however, have evolved, developed, and changed for the better as innovation is the main invention.
Starting a business online does not eliminate the cons and risks that come with it, but following a few strategies might help reduce several unwanted risks.
1. Optimize your store/site: Optimizing the store for your retail business, and site for your e-commerce business is the basic, rudimentary principle if you want to start on the right foot. Include all the stuff that people are searching for or the stuff that is trending. If it’s an offline store, include all the latest fads and trends in your stock, a comfortable seating arrangement and if it’s a website, include important keywords so that SEO can work its charm.
2. Include product reviews: Be it online or offline, product reviews are a must if you want more people to flock to your store. This is a commentary by the previous customers, which will act as a recommendation for the prospective customers. This can either make or break your company.
3. Be active on social media: Social media is contagious, in the best way possible. If implemented and used in the right way, it can take your business to new levels of success that you could have only imagined, before the internet was invented. So why wait? Get on one social media, start tapping, and make magic.
4. Always thank your shoppers, at the end of every transaction: This may seem a little out of hand, but this is one of the most important strategies to keep in mind. Gratitude will build your customer list, and if you offer coupons and discounts for first-time purchasers, you are bound to have a field day in the next couple of months.
If you’re still unsure about the benefits of digital marketing in the retail and e-commerce industry, do feel free to contact us as we would love to chat and explain the benefits!
+1 888 516 1156
+65 3105 1230
See What Our Happy Clients Have To Say
Latest blogs and updates
In 1998, a fireball was invented – we all know that the biggest inventions and innovations start with the tiniest inception process. Don’t believe...
Wondered why your conversion rated never shot up despite your best effort? Maybe it's time to turn your attention to improve your Website’s design:...