If you start learning digital marketing, the very first thing you learn is to create a primary website or blog on which you can practice the marketing steps. Most of the people have trouble making their 1st website or blog if they do not belong to the website developer’s or designer’s background. I also had trouble making my first website. The purpose of writing this article is to help marketing beginners decide about certain WordPress plugins which are an essential part of the site or blog. There are so many tutorials about WordPress and WordPress plugins available over the internet. When I was going through articles online in my learning phase, I realized that so many articles are confusing for beginners. Numerous plugins are available for a WordPress website, and it’s difficult in the very beginning stage to decide which plugins should one use on a site or blog. Which one is better for a particular function like, When there are several plugins available for the same service.
I am sharing all the WordPress plugins which you can use as primary plugins for the WordPress site, and also I am personally using those plugins for my blog Monarchwebworld.
What are WordPress Plugins?
As defined by WordPress, plugin is nothing more than a piece of software which has a group of function that you can add to the WordPress website. There are 51,861 registered WordPress plugins available as per the current record. Don’t worry; you do not require all of them for your website. There are multiple WordPress plugins available with similar functionality. Depending on your site functionality and usage you can decide which plugin is more compatible with your site or blog. Also, most of the WordPress plugins are free to use. I am sharing the list of plugins which I am using for Monarchwebworld.
1. Akismet Anti-Spam
It is an add-on service with WordPress provided by “Automattic.” This plugin has more than 5+ million active downloads. It is trusted by millions of users to protect their website from spam. I use this plugin to protect my site from spam.
To install this plugin, you can just go to the Plugins section in WordPress and add a new plugin. Search for Akismet Anti-Spam. You can install and activate. It will ask for an API key; you can get the API from the link http://bit.ly/2wmT4CK.
It puts Spam in the spam folder of the admin area and keeps the website safe.
Features of Akismet Anti-Spam includes:
- It prevents my site from publishing malicious content.
- Akismet plugin automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- It shows URLs in the comment section to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- You can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- It has a discard feature that blocks the worst spam, and save the disk space and speed up the site.
- Using this plugin will reduce 99.9% spam from the website.
2. Broken link Checker
Broken link checker is a very useful WordPress Plugin. Sites with broken links have a negative impact on search engine rating. It also hampers the online reputation if a customer clicks on a broken link.
- It checks the website’s post, pages, comments, blogroll for dead links.
- This WordPress plugin validates both internal and external URLs.
- It shows the location of problematic links in the HTML.
- It Reports error codes (404 etc.) for all bad URLs.
- You can edit the links directly from the plugin’s page; you will not have to update each post manually.
Broken link checker is available for free which has a 3000-page limit and no limit on the number of hyperlinks within those 3000 pages.
3. Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 gives an option to communicate on the website, It’s convenient to use as it gives some options like name, phone no to contact site admin user. Also, you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup.
4. Google XML Sitemaps
I love this plugin. It helps in SEO boost. Google XML Sitemap plugin helps to better index the website on all the major search engines. It helps crawler to see the structure of the site and retrieve it efficiently. This plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Also, it notifies search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. every time you create a new post or add new content.
5. Mashshare Share Buttons
Social share is significant for better ranking. Mashshare helps me share my posts or pages on social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Also, it provides the count of social share. It’s very easy to setup with an eye catching “Share” button.
- It’s easy to use with high-performance social media icons.
- Mashshare dashboard shows the Total Social Media Share count.
- You can choose which Social Media network you want to show all the time. Like I have chosen Facebook and Twitter, they are largely sized by default. Other Social Media networks are behind the plus sign.
- You also have the Option to disable Social Media share count entirely, if you don’t want to show your number.
If I change the blog post or page URL redirection plugin comes in picture. Redirection is an essential WordPress plugin if you migrate pages or alter the directory of WordPress installation. It helps in managing 301 redirections, keeps track of 404 errors and fixes any loose ends the site may have. You can redirect all URLs which do not exist. Redirection can depend on login status, user agent, or referrer.
7. Updraft Plus
Updraft-WordPress-PluginsIt’s the most trusted backup WordPress plugin. I personally use this plugin for all of my websites and blogs. It’s a fantastic plugin as it takes the backup of complete WordPress files, databases, plugins and themes. This plugin helps to back up my blog in Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace, FTP, email, etc. Also, I can schedule backup as per my requirement and can restore the backup directly from the cloud server to hosting server.
- It helps in backing up as well as restoring the complete website.
- Updraft WordPress plugin backs up the blog or site to cloud options like Dropbox or Google drive etc.
- It allows automatic backup schedules as per your convenience.
- It uses very less server space so does not hamper the website speed.
- Updraft plus plugin has more than 1+ million active installs.
8. W3 Total Cache
I use W3 Total Cache a lot. This plugin helps me remove the cache for the blog and also increases the speed of the blog. It’s an SEO friendly plugin. If you use it after making any changes to the website, it will immediately remove the cache from the server and will help you maintain a good speed.
- It helps in better ranking in search engine result page.
- W3 total cache works well on mobile-friendly websites.
- It will give a huge improvement in the site speed if you check it on Google Page Speed test.
- If your website performs best, automatically it will help in better SEO ranking.
- This WordPress plugin reduces page load time and improves web server performance.
9. Yoast SEO
I use Yoast SEO plugin for the SEO of my websites, and I like some of it’s features a lot. It helps in On-Page SEO.
It helps me decide a keyword for my blog posts. If you use the paid version of Yoast SEO, it will help you choose five keywords for the post or page.
- Yoast SEO Plugin helps me add Meta title, URL and Meta description for the website, which helps in better SEO positioning.
- It gives the Google preview for the title, description and URL once entered on the plugin page.
- This WordPress Plugin has a readability check to make the site more prominent. It calculates the Flesch Reading Ease score.
- Yoast SEO plugin recommends me to add internal and external links to your website for better SEO.
- It gives me complete content insights.
- The plugin gets updated every two weeks, to ensure that the website is optimized for the most recent Google algorithm.
These are the plugins I am using for monarchwebworld.com. There are numerous plugins available in the WordPress plugin world. I find these plugins useful for my website. If you have any questions regarding WordPress plugins, you can contact us. I will be happy to suggest you for the best plugins for your site or blog. You can also share the plugins which you use in the comment section to help each other.